Sunday 17 January 2016

10 thing to know before high school

At the moment I am in the first year of sixth form in the UK. So I have been in high school for 5 years already and these are a few things I wish I new before I got into high school. Also this is a collaboration with Melinda or @vanilla.highlights on Instagram, she will be doing school advice and her link will be in my Instagram description and my tweet. Hope you enjoy X

So number 1 is don't get into drama or create drama. School is already a stressful time without you making it worse by being in drama. Girl drama is always the worst, it can be really nasty and hurtful and I would say I have had a good few girl fights in my time. Out of my experiences it's best to just stay out of drama and just be friendly to everyone.

Number 2 is to try and get along with all of your teachers, I know this is hard and there are some teachers no one gets along with. However if you get along with your teacher you will most likely enjoy the classes and lessons a lot more. I used to hate my Spanish teacher and that is why I didn't like it, but my geography teacher I got along with really well and thus meant I enjoyed the lessons and didn't see them a chore to go to.

Next for number 3 is to get involved with loads of activities like sports, drama or science clubs, this is where you are most likely to make a hold load of new friends, this is especially good if you are just starting high school and don't know many people. I did dance club when I started in high school and this is how I met some of my friends that I still speak to to this day.

Now number 4 in high school people will always ask to "borrow" a pen which really means your not getting it back so I always have on,y 1 pen in my pencil case so when people ask I can show them I only have one, and I have the rest of my pens in the packet still in my bag.

Number 5 is to know that throughout highschool you are going to change, I am definitely not the same girl I was in year 7. So just go with the flow, you will loose friends and gain them. This is the whole part of growing up and I wouldn't get hung up on it because if you are meant to be friends you will stay friends. I have learnt this lesson many a time over the years. This process really makes the strong independent person you are today. 

So number 6 is that you shouldn't follow the crowd or the populars as some people call them, be your own person. I used to want to be like the populars because I thought I would get noticed if I did but really you just blend in if you do. If you are yourself and dress like you, you will stand out as an individual and that is better than being a copy.

Number 7 is to do fun things in school, it's not all about studying and working you should always remember to have fun and make loads of memories. People always say that highschool are the best days of your life and I didn't believ them until I left and I really miss having the fun times with my friends. The best way to remember what you do with your friends is to take loads of pictures so when you look back on highschool your will be able to see it all.

Number 8 is to stay organised, I know loads of people say this but it so true, if you stay organised you will have more time to hang out with your friends because you will know when work is due and you will have done work straight away. I wish I was more organised in highschool because I was always doing work the night before stressing about if I was going to get it done. It's best just to stay organised.

Number 9 is to not worry about getting a girlfriend or boyfriend because not slot of highschool relationships last that long, I would rather focus on making memories with my friends and doing amazing things all together.

Finally number 10 is just to be yourself and have fun. Highschool is about having an amazing time with friends, meeting new people, trying new things and making tones of memories that will stay with you for thirst of you lives.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it and comment below what is your favourite thing about school x

No comments: